Good morning parents and students,
This email will be the last weekly Music Notes sent out through charms. After this, the weekly Music Notes will only be posted on the band website. This is the first step in the process of moving away from charms. To receive this email on a weekly basis from the band website, please go www.universityhsband.com and scroll to the bottom. Please subscribe to the website and you will receive the weekly email this way from now on.
Wednesday: Symphonic Band 3:45-5:00
(Band and percussion)
Debary Christmas Parade Dec 13th 6:00-8:00pm
You will receive details later about this performance, but here a few quick key points:
1. It is a reverse parade through Gemini springs. Meaning the band and guard will be sitting and cars will drive through the park.
2. It will be a grade for the students and has been on the calendar since April. Yes this includes guard.
3. Students will need at least some time of festive holiday hat for it.
4. I would highly advise students to purchase battery powered Christmas lights so they can see their music easily. There is not much lighting in the area that we will be sitting.
5. We will need 5-6 parent volunteers to decorate the band trailer and an additional 5-6 parents to pass out word and chaperone the students.
Band and Guard Winter Concert/Showcase Dec. 11th
Do not forget that we have a performance coming up on Dec. 11th . All ensembles will perform at this showcase:
· Symphonic Band
· Wind Ensemble
· Jazz 2
· Jazz 1
· Percussion Ensemble
· Color Guard
Most likely, the concert will be broken up into two separate times. I will send details when I finalize the plan. We will need parent volunteers for this event as well. Please be on the lookout for an email from the band booster president about these upcoming events.
Band and Guard Fees
We were finally able to rework the budget and have adjusted fees accordingly in charms. Here are the details from last weeks email. We were able to lower the overall cost for band and guard by $100 for every student. Please make sure, if you have any outstanding fees, to make your payments as scheduled. Please contact the treasurers if you need any assistance in making payments or would like to discuss more payments options.
How your refund was applied
Students who still owe for discount cards and fees:
1. If you have a full outstanding balance on discount cards, your refund was applied to your discount card balance.
a. A reminder, discount cards were a required part of your band fees this year.
b. Do not return your own sold cards.
Students who owe fees but have discount cards paid in full:
2. If you still owed more than the refund amount and did not owe for discount cards, the refund was applied to your outstanding fees.
Students fully paid, and no balance owed:
3. If you were fully paid with discount cards paid as well, your account was credited the refund as a “Miscellaneous” credit.
a. At the last booster meeting, the board passed a resolution to allow all students that were paid in full to use the credit to prepay towards next year’s band/guard. This only applies to $100 and only to the students that were paid in full.
b. All students will automatically be enrolled in this unless you email the boosters treasurers at email@example.com . You can request to have the funds returned to you if you would like.