Good afternoon everyone,
Please make sure you take the time to look over football game and procedures in the band handbook or on the band website. We still need 15 chaperones for Friday!!
Monday- Guard 4-7
Tuesday- Marching Band 4-7
Wednesday- 7:30am-8:30am Percussion
Thursday- Marching Band 4-7
· 7:30am- 8:30am Percussion
· 6th and 7th period Pep rally
· Football game @Deltona 7:00pm (Detail Schedule below.)
Football Game @Deltona 7:00pm
There is a possibility that there will be some issues with start times at Deltona. Their field was struck by lighting and some of the lights are out. If they are unable to fix the lights by the game, the start of the game will be moved to 5:30pm. I will let you know if this happens as soon as I know. The schedule will proceed as if the game will start at 7:00pm.
3:30-4:30 Dinner (IF YOU ORDER IT. Details later in the email…)
4:30 Call time
5:00 Load Buses
5:30 Depart UHS
6:00 Arrive @Deltona
10:30ish Arrive back at UHS
We will need on average, a minimum of 30 chaperones per a game. This will give us 6-7 parents on each bus and will allow plenty of parents to move equipment. We have 7 large mallet instruments, a bass drum, 3 drum major podiums, 8 water coolers, snacks and various other equipment to move at each game plus load and unload the band trailer. It is extremely important to have as many parents as possible to help each game. And the perk is you get to see a game for free!
You must be an approved Volusia County Volunteer to be a chaperone. Please follow this link and fill out the county form. To complete the form, you must stop at any Volusia County School and swipe your driver licenses. https://apps.raptortech.com/Apply/MTYxOmVuLVVT
I need 15 more chaperones at the game. Please make sure if you are helping out in anyway at a game that you are signed up as a chaperone. You will not be allowed to help if you have not done so.
Chaperone Dress Code
All Chaperones are to wear one of the following shirts:
· Current Marching band Show shirt ($10)
· Titan Regiment Chaperone Shirt ($10) (preferred)
· Titan Regiment Field Crew Shirt ($10) (Preferred)
These shirts will be available to purchase in the band room before the game.
Pants and shorts:
· You may wear shorts or pants.
· If you choose to wear shorts, please make sure your shorts are an appropriate length.
· Please wear tennis shoes or closed toe shoes.
Badge and ID:
· You must always wear your provided Band Chaperone ID and carry your Florida Issued ID with you.
Bags and Purses:
· Large bags are not allowed at sporting events. Please keep all unnecessary items on the bus.
Chaperones Rules for Football games and Bus Travel:
· Chaperones are to watch and help the students during the game.
· Bus rides should be fun, but not dangerous. No excessively loud noise (screaming at the top of their lungs). No profanity and no abuse of uniforms or equipment.
· Please assist in checking roll each time students board the bus.
· Please circulate on the bus to make sure students are always behaving.
· Please assist with uniform checks in the warm-up area, after students are in warm-up arcs.
· Please make sure the band seating area is clear.
· Please assist with plumes during warm-up, prior to performance.
· Please clean up band seating area, check for lost items.
· Please clean up and check bus for lost items upon arrival at University High School.
· During the third quarter break at football games:
· Students may visit the other band etc., but should stay in groups.
· Students cannot eat from the concession stands if they are in uniform, and can only drink and eat what is provided to them by the boosters if they are in uniform.
· Students are required to stay in the assigned 3rd quarter break area.
During the football game:
· No one can leave during a game unless it is a medical emergency.
· Non-band students or the general public are not allowed to "visit" the band section.
· Please sit alongside of your assigned section and assist with whatever they need.
· Although you may enjoy watching football, please remember you are there to help the band.
Required Band Students Items for football games
· White Band shirt must always be worn.
· White or grey gym shorts under uniform always.
· Long white socks always.
· White Marching shoes
· Rain Uniform- Jeans, marching shoes, and black show shirt. This is to be brought to call time no matter what. You will be notified at call time if we will wear it.
· Flip Folder
· Half Gallon Water Jug.
· Grey drawstring bag - Required this year. No other bags will be allowed in the stadium.
· Guard- Must be done before call time.
· Hair in the required style.
· Makeup in the required style.
· You are only allowed to bring your guard bag into the stadium. No other bags will be allowed. Please put your draw string bag in your guard bag.
Dinner before the game.
Every year the band has offered the chance to students to order dinner before each game. We will be doing chick-fil-a again this year. Students will receive a chicken sandwich, a bag of chips, a soda and a cookie. Students will have the option of ordering two sandwiches. Please have the form filled out by Wednesday for each week that we have a game. Prices will be listed on the form.
Snacks during the game
The band parents will offer the option to students to purchase a bag of chips and a soda or water from the booster parents during their 3rd quarter break. Students will not be allowed to go to the concession stands while in uniform and they are limited to the types of foods that they can eat while in uniform. Students are to bring cash to give to the parents for these items. The cost will be $1 for both items.
General Bus Travel Procedures
· All students must ride the bus they signed up for. If specific seats are assigned, changes will not be made. Chaperones will be assigned to each bus. Chaperones have the director’s full authority. Any discipline problems will be reported and no lenience will be provided to infractions associated with Chaperones. There will be no exceptions to this rule.
· The band and guard will always wear their full uniform on the bus until instructed differently by the director. Under special circumstances the director will allow students to remove their jacket portion of their uniform at football games.
· All students will always remain seated . Students will only be permitted to disembark with the director’s permission.
· Standard rules of conduct apply to bus travel.
· Students may use their phone and iPods on the bus. Headphones must always be used.
· There will be no food or drink allowed on the bus.
· Personal Displays of Affection are prohibited. You will be separated if a problem occurs and given a referral for this infraction.
· All county bus rules will be followed while traveling on a bus.
· Do not shout at people outside of the bus.
· Chaperones and select band officers have the full authority of the band director.
· Cell phones are to be used on the bus only and should not leave the bus. You are the only person responsible for your belongings.
Football Game Procedures
1. Students will be given a call time to arrive at the band room. Students should arrive no later than 20 minutes before but no earlier than 45 minutes before this time to make sure they are ready to be dressed. Students will be called to attention at this time. Any student not in the band room will be considered late and lose points for the day. The students then will be given 10 minutes to dress in the band uniform if they are not already.
2. The students will proceed to the designated area for inspection.
3. No jewelry of any kind is permitted while in uniform.
4. For away games, students must wear their uniform for the entire trip unless specified by the director. Members who choose to remove their uniform without approval will not be allowed to march the show for that evening.
5. Students will proceed to their assigned buses where they will sign in with the parent in charge of their bus.
6. Students will leave cases and hat boxes on the bus. Woodwinds always take their cases into the stands.
7. Wait on the track, in score order, for instructions on how to get into the stands.
8. Percussion will always enter the stands last.
9. The band seating is off limits to everyone but chaperones and staff.
10. Chaperones have the full authority of the director at all times. They are volunteering their time to help make your performance a success.
11. After the halftime show, proceed back to the stands. The band will be dismissed for third quarter break.
12. Students will not be allowed to eat while in uniform. The only food allowed for students when in uniform, is food provided by the band boosters. Students must prepay for food before the game and parents will purchase food for them during 3rd quarter break for those that prepaided.
13. Students will not be allowed to walk around the stadium during 3rd quarter break. Students will be required to stay in the designated break area. Students that leave the area, will lose their 3rd quarter break the next game and the rest of that game.
14. Students will be required to be back in their seats with three minutes to go in the third quarter. Students that are late getting back will lose their 3rd quarter break the next week.
15. After the game, students will lineup or wait to go back to the buses.
16. Upon arriving back at the school, students will wait by the equipment trailer to get their instrument. Students should not enter the band room without their instrument.
17. All students will remove their uniform and clean up their personal belongings and exit the band room. All officers are required to remain in the band room until dismissed by the director.
18. All Guard students are required to stay until dismissed by the guard director. Everything must be cleaned.
19. Students who loiter while others clean will lose points and possibly 3rd quarter break.
20. Students will be required to leave the band room and guard room immediately after dismissal.
21. The sheriff’s department will escort students, who parents are more than 30 minutes late, home. PLEASE PICK UP YOUR STUDENT IN A TIMELY MANNER. THE PARENTS AND DIRECTOR ARE NOT BABYSITTERS. PLEASE BE COURTEOUS AND ARRANGE RIDES AHEAD OF TIME.
22. At any performance you are on display to parents, administrators, fans, alumni, school board members, faculty, and the general public. You are expected to display the proper attitude and behavior becoming of a University High School band member.
23. NO CELL PHONE USE DURING ANY POINT OF A FOOTBALL GAME. Cell phones can only be used to call parents on the way home from away games, or when we return to the band room. You will receive a referral for this infraction during the game. NO exceptions.